A Visual Arts Competition
for Young Creatives
An exciting collaboration between Festival of Hope and Tullie House Museum and Art Gallery, we are launching a visual arts competition with the theme HOPE.
We want you to submit artwork that communicates what Hope means to you, for your local area, for the world. The winner of EMERGE will win a £300 cash prize and a funded creative commission from Tullie House Museum and Art Gallery.
During the Festival of Hope, we will be sharing all submissions via our social media platforms, and a shortlist will be featured as part of an online exhibition.
Things You Need to Know
Here is some of the important info you need to know if you are going to enter Emerge
You can find all of the rules for the competition by clicking here
1. This competition is made for young Cumbrian artists. To apply you must live, work or study in Cumbria and be aged 17-25. We are unable to accept entries from ineligible participants.
2. We are accepting all mediums of art: painting, digital, film, sculpture, performance, etc. The more innovative, the better! Please send us the most appropriate file types to your media.
3. Entries submitted after the deadline of Monday 11th August 2020 will not be considered.
4. Entrants will be notified by Tuesday 18th August 2020 of whether they have made the shortlist or not. The winner of the competition will be announced via an online event on Tuesday 25th August.
5. By submitting your work, you are giving us permission to share images/videos of your artwork using any platform, along with your first name and the accompanying paragraph about your work. If you do not want us to share your name, please tell us when you submit your work.
6. All judges’ decisions are final. We reserve the right to postpone or cancel the competition and/or to amend to supplement these rules at any time without prior notice.
7. Artworks must not contain anything that could not be publicly exhibited online or in exhibition e.g: defamatory, obscene or otherwise offensive.
8. The personal information supplied by entrants will be held securely by the organisers in accordance with the Data Protection Act, 1998. By submitting this information, you are agreeing we can store your details and contact you at a later date.